Listen to the audio version of episode #008
Watch the video version of episode #008
Over 90 million Americans listen to a podcast at least monthly. Have you ever thought about creating your own podcast? How about while you were in high school?
Joining us today is Jacob O’Connor, a high school student and host of Venture Mentality. Jacob is not only a full-time student, but also runs a podcast while pursuing multiple entrepreneurial ventures.
In this episode, Jacob O’Connor shares what Venture Mentality is all about and how he is able to connect and build relationships with so many people.
Jacob explains how he finds time to pursue all his goals and shares how he drives his success.
In this episode we discuss...
- Show Introduction [0:01]
- Introducing Our Guest [0:17]
- Motivation to Start a Podcast [1:44]
- Time Management [4:07]
- Do You Do All the Editing? [5:55]
- What Have You Learned That Would Be Helpful to the Listener? [6:32]
- Have You Been Held Back Do to What Others Think? [7:53]
- Aligning Yourself with Your Future [9:09]
- Making Connections and Building Relationships [10:02]
- Internships in High School [12:24]
- How Do You Deal with Rejection? [13:45]
- A Senior During COVID [15:03]
- How Has School Changed? [16:07]
- Plans After High School [16:47]
- Benefits of College for Entrepreneurs [17:53]
- Advice for Someone in a Difficult Time Right Now [19:01]
- Closing Thoughts [20:20]
- Connect with Jacob [20:40]
- Outro [21:19]
- No resources mentioned during this episode
Jacob O'Connor is the host of the Venture Mentality podcast and the founder of multiple businesses.
Want to connect with Jacob?
Ryan has been heavily involved in the world of Information Technology and entrepreneurship since the early 2000s. From small business consulting to Fortune 500 IT leadership, Ryan has a wide array of tech industry knowledge. Ryan has his BBA and MBA from the University of Iowa. Connect with Ryan on Twitter or Instagram.