"Internship Mastery" Book...
The Technology Student’s Guide To
Crushing Your Internship And
Launching Your Career
The Technology Student’s Guide To Crushing Your Internship And Launching Your Career
Internships Can Be Overwhelming
The idea of an internship can be overwhelming for many students. Whether you know exactly where you want to intern or you don't even know if an internship is right for you, the internship process can be stressful.
You attend career fairs, browse the internet, and talk with friends while trying to find internship openings. You struggle to decide which internship is right for you. You apply for countless internships and cross your fingers that you'll land an interview. If things go as planned, you end up getting an interview, but then you aren't sure how to prepare.
Next comes the internship itself. You want it to turn into the start of your dream career, but what's the best way to do this?
Are There Things You
Should (And Shouldn't) Do
To Best Position Yourself
For Future Success?
Over the past 15 years, I've seen college students struggle with this first hand. This has included many of the students who have applied for my internship openings. I've listened to their struggles, and I've witnessed their subpar interviews where many were completely unprepared.
There are specific steps that you can take to make the most of your internship experience. And...
You Can Do It
Without All Of The
Unnecessary Stress And Anxiety.
After reviewing countless intern candidate resumes, interviewing hundreds of these candidates for my technology internship positions, and speaking with hundreds of college students at college career fairs, a pattern emerged.
After seeing this common pattern for several years, I knew I needed to help.
And, this is where Internship Mastery came from.
Internship Mastery will teach you the most important things you need to know from internship research all the way through internship completion.
Here are a few of the things you'll learn...
- The very first thing you need to do—that only the top 1% of candidates complete—before their internship. Doing this will help you stand out above 99% of your competing internship candidates.
- A timeless sales letter approach to writing a cover letter that will impress most hiring managers. This approach will provide you with four specific steps to make your cover letter shine.
- Why viewing an internship as a resume builder is all wrong. Having this view will cause you to miss the point of your internship completely.
- What to do when you find yourself face-to-face with office politics and gossip. This will help you avoid the many traps in many office environments.
- 6 common cover letter and resume mistakes that could be sabotaging your chances of landing an interview. Making these mistakes will make you appear lazy and immature to nearly all hiring managers.
- Why making less money during your internship may provide you with the most valuable experience. Understand what's really important so you don't choose the wrong internship opportunity.
- 4 things you should bring with you to every interview. Forgetting even one of these items may prove to be problematic.
- The proper way to successfully navigate a career fair. You'll learn an effective approach for making a good impression with every booth you visit.
- What you should do every morning before work that will make you more productive and successful. It's an approach I personally have used to increase my productivity by 2x to 3x on a daily basis.
- How best to use your internship experience to springboard yourself into your preferred full-time tech position. You'll receive a specific worksheet that will walk you through the process from A to Z.
- Why it's important to be proactive and stay connected with your hiring manager before your internship starts. You'll not only learn why it's important, but you'll learn the right frequency and purpose behind your messages.
In addition to all of this, you'll also learn how to avoid making the same 6-figure financial mistakes I made, find out what books can help fast track your continued learning, and find out how focusing on this one thing will make you more valuable to every company.
There are also several bonuses that you'll receive throughout the book. And...
These Bonuses Alone Are
Worth 5x The Price Of The Book.
You'll receive access to the following bonuses as PDFs:
- A complete companion workbook that will take you step-by-step through Internship Mastery.
- A sample cover letter and resume.
- A sample interview thank you card.
- A report titled, "13 Questions You Must Ask During Your Intern Interview."
- Soft skills practice interview questions that will prepare you for your non-technical part of the interview.
- A detailed 12-week internship daily journal that will make your internship much more meaningful and valuable.
- Important exit interview questions you should ask before your internship is complete.
Want more detail about the book. Continue reading down the page to see how the book is laid out.
[Ryan's] advice remains true and relevant...
Ryan’s approach to being my “boss” was more like being a mentor and friend. He taught me to keep an eye on the future and be forward thinking while also learning in the moment and being a team player. His advice remains true and relevant even after I completed my internship, graduated college and began my full-time job.
Bryce S. // Iowa State University
Ryan has been an ongoing mentor...
Since working with him in 2017, Ryan has been an ongoing mentor. His willingness to teach and desire to help others is contagious. The advice and knowledge he has imparted on me, and which is shared in this book, is invaluable to any young professional looking to grow their career. A must read.
Grant P. // Arizona State University
MY GUARANTEE TO YOU
Here's the deal...
If you don't feel that my book, Internship Mastery, has helped you better position yourself for jumpstarting your successful tech industry career, I'll refund 100% of your investment in the book.
If you find yourself in this position, please send me an email letting me know where the book fell short. Also include your proof of purchase (i.e. picture of your receipt), and I will then refund your purchase price.
That's how much I believe in the book. I'm willing to accept all of the risk.
"Internship Mastery" Book Structure
Below is a description of the book's structure just as I described it in the the Internship Mastery Introduction...
Part #1: Before Your Internship—What do you need to do before your internship begins?
Part #2: During Your Internship—What steps should you take during your internship to make the most out of the experience?
Part #3: After Your Internship—What action should you take once your internship comes to an end to ensure you ride your wave of momentum?
Part #4: Accelerate Your Growth—How can you leverage personal and professional growth to find your fastlane toward life and career success?
Finally, at the end of each chapter, you'll find a section labeled, Take Action. This will include a summarized list of the most important action items you need to take for that respective chapter.