Listen to the audio version of episode #021
Watch the video version of episode #021
We're mixing it up today by having a current college student, Chase Goodband, on the show. Chase is currently a senior at the University of North Florida where he is a computer science major.
In this episode we discuss:
- [2:16] Has Chase always been interested in computer science?
- [3:20] What is it about software development that interests Chase?
- [4:53] What ideas does Chase have with his passion for entrepreneurship?
- [7:11] What was Chase's experience like starting at a community college and then transferring to a four year school?
- [10:02] How did Chase balance his time between school and baseball?
- [15:01] Most valuable part of Chase's college experience so far
- [22:02] How Chase overcame his nerves when reaching out to the dean at a couple different colleges
- [24:04] How practice interviews and meeting with company representatives at his school helped Chase gain confidence
- [25:40] Anything at college that Chase regrets?
- [28:12] How did Chase find his internship?
- [30:20] Did Chase do an in-person or virtual internship?
- [31:02] What was Chase's best experience with his internship?
- [34:50] Best practices Chase used while working virtually over the summer
- [37:14] Chase's thoughts on his internship experience versus what he has learned so far in college courses
- [40:22] Chase's final piece of advice for college students
- No resources were discussed
Chase Goodband, senior student at the University of North Florida
Want to connect with Chase?
Ryan has been heavily involved in the world of Information Technology and entrepreneurship since the early 2000s. From small business consulting to Fortune 500 IT leadership, Ryan has a wide array of tech industry knowledge. Ryan has his BBA and MBA from the University of Iowa. Connect with Ryan on Twitter or Instagram.