Listen to the audio version of episode #002
Watch the video version of episode #002
With the current situation at hand, we are learning how to accept changes and to adapt to them. Today, I have Cole Smith on the show who has learned how to overcome his adversity.
Cole Smith is a student at the University of Northern Iowa and is in the process of publishing his first book on adversity. Cole is wise beyond his years and shared today his story and the ways that he has used it to better himself.
In this episode, Cole brings his perspective of surviving college during the global pandemic. We learn what adversity is to Cole and how he has been able to accept and transform himself. Cole also shares the tips he would give to students looking into internships and some recommendations on fraternity life!
In this episode we discuss...
- Show Introduction [0:01]
- Introducing Our Guest [0:18]
- Start of the Interview [1:16]
- The Situation Right Now [2:45]
- College During the Pandemic [03:27]
- How are Your Friends Handling This? [05:15]
- Virtual Conversations with In-Person Relationships [7:28]
- Aging Beyond Your Years [9:09]
- What Would You Say to Your Fellow College Student? [21:11]
- Do You Recommend Being in a Fraternity? [24:42]
- Do You Think Fraternities are for Everyone? [27:32]
- What Is One Thing Your Wish You Knew About Internships Before Having One? [29:32]
- Cole’s New Book Coming Out Soon [33:38]
- Closing Thoughts [34:28]
- Outro [36:00]
- You can currently pick-up a free copy of the Internship Mastery eBook
Cole Smith is a student at the University of Northern Iowa. He's active as an entrepreneur, and he's passionate about personal growth. He also has his own podcast, The Cole Smith Show.
Watch The Video Interview
Ryan has been heavily involved in the world of Information Technology and entrepreneurship since the early 2000s. From small business consulting to Fortune 500 IT leadership, Ryan has a wide array of tech industry knowledge. Ryan has his BBA and MBA from the University of Iowa. Connect with Ryan on Twitter or Instagram.